Getting Credit for Prior Work

Stratford University is committed to help you build on your military experience. We award credit for what you have learned.

Stratford University has established three programs to help you maximize credit for your prior education, training, and work experience. You can use these programs for up to 75% of your undergraduate degree and 50% of your graduate degree. Our goal is to help you complete your education as quickly as possible by allowing you to build on your military background.

Credit by Examination

Credits are accepted from AARTS, SMART, CCAF, ACE, DANTES, CLEP exams.

Transfer Credits

Transfer credits are accepted from accredited institutions of higher education. Since Stratford is a member of the Services Members Opportunities College (SOC) program, we will accept credits from all other member schools. Courses transferred must map into the degree that you have selected and meet the minimum academic requirements for transfer.

Prior Learning Assessment

Prior Learning Assessment {PLA) can be used to grant credit for military work experience or for non-accredited military training programs. The PLA translates what you have learned into specific course learning outcomes to determine equivalency. You must submit documentation of what you have learned to complete this assessment. You will be assisted by the PLA coordinator on your campus.

You can discuss all the options for getting credit with the Military Student Office. They will help you navigate the academic system to get what you deserve.