Dr. Terry is the owner and operator of a multi-million dollar company headquartered in Dumfries, Virginia; it was established in 2007. The company provides program management, Information Assurance, and acquisition services and training to several government Departments — Department of Defense, Department of State, and the Department of Homeland Security.)
Member of Northern Virginia Workforce Development Board
Appointed by the Prince William County Board of Executives, Dr. Terry also serves as a Board member to the Northern Virginia Workforce Development Board. The Board researches and provides county and state leaders insight into the educational and workforce needs of Northern Virginia, ensuring that the community is prepared for current and future employment opportunities.
Military Experience (Retired Marine Corps Officer)
Served a total of 27 years in the military (24 1/2 active duty and 2 1/2 Active Reserves). Enlisted in the Marine Corps and served as a Supply Warehouse and Subsistence Supply Clerk for six years. Upon the completion of Officer Candidate School, he completed 20 plus years as a Supply Officer in numerous staff and command billets throughout this career, which culminated in his retirement from the Pentagon (Navy Staff/Expeditionary Warfare) in 2005.
• Served as a member of the Ira Dorsey Scholarship Board, a 501(3)C organization.
• Former member of the Creative and Performance Arts Center (CAPAC), which is dedicated to bringing fine arts, acting and dancing to citizens of Prince William County, Virginia.
• Durham Technical Community College in Durham, NC – AAS Degree (1980)
• Southern Illinois University at Carbondale (1985) – BS degree
• Central Michigan University(1988) — MS degree
• Marine Corps University — Command and Staff College (2000) — MA degree
• The George Washington University(2004) — EdD – Higher Education Administration