Useful ISO Websites

Stratford graduates innovate by thinking critically from multiple perspectives.

International students must comply with a wide range of regulations. Visa and immigration regulations are managed by the Department of State and the US Immigration and Citizenship Service. Employment and taxation are managed by the Social Security Administration and the Internal Revenue Service. Links to these four agencies is provided below. The first link is used to locate a US Consulate closest to your home for student Visa application submission.

Immigration and Visa

  • United States Consulates -- This US Department of State website lists the websites for all US Embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Missions. This site can be used to locate where you should apply for your student Visa
  • U.S. State Department -- This website is a service of the State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs. It provides information about preparing for overseas trips and obtaining a student Visa.
  • US Immigration and Citizenship Services (USCIS) -- This website provides information about immigration laws and regulations. It also provides a description of the general services and downloadable forms provided by USCIS. USCIS is charged with tracking all students using the SEVIS system.

Employment and Taxation

  • Social Security Administration (SSA) -- This is the website for the Social Security Administration. Social security numbers are issued by the Social Security Administration and used for identification and record-keeping purposes. For example, social security numbers are used for employment, paying taxes and obtaining a driver's license.
  • Internal Revenue Service (IRS) -- This is the website for the Internal Revenue Service. The Internal Revenue Service, a division of the Treasury Department, is the Federal agency responsible for collecting taxes and enforcing tax-reporting and collection laws.

Connect with Us

 Facebook  Twitter  LinkedIn  YouTube