Stratford has a number of general scholarship programs for undergraduate studies. At this time, there are no graduate scholarship programs. Let our Admissions Department help you explore all your scholarship options. Selected scholarships are listed below.
- Graduating High School Senior Scholarship Program -- The Graduating Senior Scholarship Program is designed for eligible high school seniors who enroll at Stratford University during the summer and fall quarters following their high school graduation. In order to qualify, students must:
- Complete and submit a scholarship application, normally before July 15th of the calendar year
- Provide evidence of having a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better;
- Submit an essay which demonstrates the desire to achieve success in entering the student’s selected program;
- Provide evidence of being a well-rounded individual who has participated in school activities, community service, etc.
Each campus can award up to $20,000.00 annually in scholarships to high school seniors. Selected students will be awarded a maximum of $1,500.00, which will be disbursed in six equal portions of $250.00 per six consecutive quarters. To remain eligible, student must be enrolled at least 9.0 course credit hours and must maintain their status of active for the next six quarters. If as student withdraws, they are no longer eligible for the remaining funds of their scholarship. If a student takes STNA or approved leave of absence, they are still eligible for the scholarship as long as they return the subsequent quarter. Each campus will have their own panel which should include the campus director and campus dean to evaluate the applicants and choose the recipient of the scholarship.
- Private Scholarship Programs -- Stratford University accepts private scholarships from foundations, service clubs, and other organizations. Examples of these programs used by Stratford students include Culinary Scholarship Programs such as the scholarship from Careers in Culinary Arts (C-CAP) Culinary Competition, American Culinary Federation Scholarship Fund, Virginia Culinary Competition, Northern Virginia Culinary Competition, or Discover America.
- Stratford University Academic Scholarship --This program is designed is designed for current students and graduates who are entering a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, or Master’s degree program meeting the following criteria:
- Current Stratford University students who are in their final quarter and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better;
- Stratford University graduates with an AAS degree who finished with an overall GPA of 3.5 or better; or
- Stratford University graduates with a Bachelor’s degree who finished with an overall GPA of 3.5 or better.
Undergraduate students who meet these criteria are awarded a maximum of $1,500, which is disbursed in equal portions of $250 per quarter, for six quarters. Graduate students meeting these criteria are awarded a maximum of $1,050, which is also disbursed in six equal portions of $175 per quarters. To remain eligible for this scholarship, students must take at least two courses during the quarter, maintain a 3.0 GPA for each quarter, and also maintain good-standing status.