Stratford University 2013 Graduation Ceremony
Saturday, June 15, 2013 at the Crystal Gateway Marriott at 1700 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington, Virginia 22202
Q: What time does the Graduation Ceremony start?
A: Graduates arrive to register at 8:30 a.m. The Commencement begins at 10:00 a.m., and will end around noon.
Q: How can I contact the Registrar?
A: On the Stratford.edu website under Current Students, click Registrar; on the Registrar home page select: Contact the Registrar.
Q: How can I be sure that relatives who live abroad can attend my graduation?
A: Obtain a Visa Letter Request Form from the Registrar by email. You may do this from the Registrar page left menu. Select Registrar Forms, then select Graduation Letter Request. Complete this form and return it to the Registrar who will send up to three letters to you by regular mail. Mail these letters to your relatives so they may use them to obtain their visa.
Graduation attire must be obtained by the student prior to the ceremony, and consists of the gown (the size is determined by your height), a cap (one size fits all), and a tassel which is attached to the top of the cap. A medallion recognizingCumulative Honor status is presented at the ceremony as well as a medallion suspended by a ribbon whose colors identify the completed program of study. The color of the attire for Certificateand Associate Degree Programs is blue, that of Bachelors is black, and Graduate Programs is black. Culinary students may choose to wear the chef jacket and hat which they obtain from the Culinary Department. Graduate students receive a hood whose colors identify the University and the program completed. Potential graduates, those completing their degrees in Q3, qualify for honors when they actually complete their program and are identified in the program as potential graduates.
Additional posted information will identify the campus locations, dates and times graduation attire may be obtained.
Falls Church Campus
Falls Church Online Students contact: email@example.com
Falls Church Campus Students: Graduation Attire, Announcement & Admission Ticket Pick-up is from Room 110. 2013 Q3 graduates may pick up graduation attire starting May 29.
Click here for the Falls Church Graduation Attire Pick-up Schedule.
- If you have completed or will complete your program course requirements by Q3 2013 you are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony. If you plan to “walk” you must have your graduation paperwork completed in the Career Services office.
- Caps, gowns, tickets and announcements will be available for pick up from the Student Services Office on the third floor Monday through Thursday from 9-7 and Fridays from 9-6 beginning on June 3rd until June 14th. Students are eligible to receive 3 tickets for family and friends to attend the commencement ceremony and celebrate with you.
- Culinary graduates will pick up their Chef coats and tickets from the Career Services office.
- Graduation fees must be paid in full to receive graduation attire. Contact Megan Faillace, Student Accounts Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- If you wish to be considered as a graduation day speaker, please contact Sarah Estabrook, Academic Administrative Assistant, at email@example.com by May 10th. The speaker will present their speech to a graduation selection panel, and the chosen speaker will receive four extra graduation tickets.
- To receive your diploma and final transcript you must pay the graduation fee of $195 (undergraduate programs) or $235 (graduate programs) and have a zero balance (regardless of your participation in the ceremony). Please see Student Accounts to pay graduation fees and clear any balances.
- Questions? Please contact Lisa Shutt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-408-2443.