Stratford University receives conditional approval from Maryland Higher Education Commission to offer programs in Baltimore, Md.
FALLS CHURCH, VIRGINIA – (November 8, 2011) – Stratford University received conditional approval from the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) on November 4, 2011 to offer seven programs in Baltimore, Md. Stratford University plans to offer the following certificate degree programs in Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management at the Baltimore campus:
- Certificate Advanced Culinary Arts Professional
- Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) Advanced Culinary Arts
- Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) Baking and Pastry Arts
- Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Culinary Management
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Hospitality Management
- Master of Science (M.S.) International Hospitality Management
For the next step in the approval process, Stratford University is submitting an application for initial inclusion of the Baltimore campus as an additional location of Stratford University to the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) on November 8, 2011.
Once Stratford University receives approval from the ACICS, the campus can move forward finalizing the hiring of campus staff, enrolling students, and modernizing facilities.
About Stratford University:
Stratford University operates campuses in Tysons Corner, Richmond, and Woodbridge, Va. It offers 35 undergraduate and graduate degrees in the areas of Culinary Arts and Hospitality, Health Sciences, Nursing, Business Administration, and Information Technology. Many of the degree programs are offered both on campus, as well as online. For more information on Stratford University, please visit http://www.stratford.edu.
# # #
Contact: Keith Jones at 410-752-4710 ext. 262 or firstname.lastname@example.org