Culinary Summer Camp
Summer Camp Information
Stratford is proud offer culinary and pastry arts summer camp. This program has been very popular with children and parents alike. The campers will be bringing home what they create each day. Look forward to some really great food!
- Age Requirement: 15-18 years old
- Minimum Height Requirement: 4'6"?
- Note: Requirements are designed so that students can work in the kitchen comfortably and safely.
Hours of Operation
- Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- There is NO before or after care available.
There will be 2 one-week sessions which will be repeated in their entirety. Dates are shown below:
||July 5 to July 8
||July 11 to July 15
||July 18 to July 22
||Cooking Camp (repeat)|
||July 25 to July 29
||Baking Camp (repeat)|
Each day at camp with have a different emphasis. Certificate of completion will be presented at the conclusion of each camp. The daily topics for both the Cooking Camp and Baking Camp are shown below.
||Measuring and knife skills
||Biscuit mixing method|
For scones and pies
||Protein, vegetable, starch,
and sauce preparation
||Pasta from scratch
- $75.00 - Mandatory knife and tool kit (one time purchase).
- $320.00 for Week 1 only (price reduced because of July 4th holiday).
- $399.00 for weeks 2,3,4.
- Payment is required in advance of the week(s) chosen and is non-refundable. Class size is limited. Only full payment guarantees your child's reservation.
7777 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, Virginia 22043
This is a tentative schedule and subject to change
- 8:45-9:00: Arrival and sign in
- 9-10:30: Each morning upon arrival the children will start off either in a classroom or computer lab for discussion and interactive activities:
- Monday - Classroom Kitchen Safety and Sanitation
- Tuesday - Computer lab Basics of Nutrition
- Wednesday - Computer lab Meal Planning
- Thursday - Classroom Shopping at the Market (virtual only - no field trip)
- Friday - Classroom Etiquette Friday - The students will be invited to dine at our Stratford University Chef's Table Restaurant for lunch.
- 10:30-12:00: The students will prepare their own lunches daily in which they will use methods already learned. They will use the healthy choices learned in the morning classes..
- Pizza (from scratch)
- Griddling sandwiches
- Salad preparation with healthy option dressings, house made.
- 12:00-2:45: Each afternoon will be spent in the kitchens. Whether cooking or baking, the students will work on building the skills learned in previous classes. (seetable above for topics).Students will alsolearn:
- Kitchen Set-up
- Teamwork dynamics
- How to create or adjust recipes
- Sanitation, Lifelong nutrition choices
- The joy of cooking
- Organizing a work list
- Cooking time organization
- Kitchen clean-up
- Decision making skills.
- 2:45-3:00: Debrief - Discuss the following days activities.
- 3:00: Parents, please pick up your child. Promptly!! (Arrangements will be addressed regarding students driving themselves)
- Please contact us and provide the following information.
- Childs name
- Childs age
- Week(s) chosen
- Names of people dropping off/picking up the children
- Parent contact information:
- Cell phone number
- House phone number
- e-mail address
Payment and Reservations
- Reservations are made on a first come, first serve basis.
- Class size is limited So please remember to register early.
- Credit/charge card reservations will be charged the day of registration.
- Check/cash reservations will be made upon reception of payment.
Thank you for your interest in the Stratford University Summer Camp.
For more information:
High School Liaison
To download information regarding this event:
Summer Camp Flyer
Summer Camp Information Sheet
Summer Camp Registration Form